Sunday, March 8, 2009

Engaged!

So Aaron decided to pop the question on Tuesday (March 3)! We have known we were gonna get married since the end of January, but were trying to be smart with our money so I really wasn't expecting to get a ring for a while. He completely took me by suprise! The story goes a little something like this:
Tuesday morning he told me that his sister and brother-in-law wanted to take us out to dinner that night. He said they wanted to pay us back for the BYU game and that seemed reasonable enough so I wasn't suspicious at all. All day he kept talking about how excited he was to get free dinner, and I know how much Aaron loves free food so that also didn't make me suspect anything. Well he got off work a little early and was going to come pick me up at my apartment but I got a call from my brother saying he needed to use the car. When Aaron came to get me, I explained that I needed to go drop it off and he could just follow me there. After I ran up and gave the keys to my brother's roommate, Aaron was down waiting at his car to open the door for me. When he did, I looked inside and saw that there were candles inside and my favorite song was playing. Embarrassingly enough, I didn't really get what was happening and asked myself how I was supposed to sit down with candles in my way. I stood there and looked at Aaron and he said, "Oh what's that?" Then he got down on one knee in the street, opened a ring box and said "Oh what's this? Will you marry me?" I was in complete shock! I mean I thought it would be hard to surprise me since I already knew we were gonna get married but he managed it. Of course I said yes and we hugged and kissed and he opened a bottle of sparkling cider for us. People were walking by and giving us funny looks and it was great! With all the excitement I had kinda forgotten about the ring though. After a minute I was like oh wait let me look at this thing and it was gorgeous!! The ring is absolutely perfect! Exactly what I wanted! He did a very good job picking it out. After I calmed a little bit he told me we really were going to eat in Idaho Falls...just not with Becky and James. I enjoyed a nice steak dinner and we got free dessert! (Sadly it was not because we got engaged though...It was because my dinner was taking a long time to get out haha.) After that we went home. It was a pretty great evening. Things have been great since then and the wedding plans are coming along. Only two and a half more months now! The date is May 22nd and we will be getting married at 3:00 in the afternoon. We can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Day We Started Dating

The Day We Started Dating
December 22nd in Placerville

Black and White

Black and White
This is one of the pictures we took for our engagement pictures